While most parents nowadays take an active interest in their child's studies, not all of them know how to help their child develop good study habits.
Arul and Ananya were good friends who studied in class 9. While Ananya usually topped the class in all subjects, Arul proved to be average in his studies. His teachers always felt that Arul could do better and that he had a lot more potential in him. Therefore, they suggested that Arul's parents take him to an academic counselor. During the discussions with the counselor, they realized that Arul's poor study habits prevented him from performing well in his studies, though he was actually quite brilliant. Two months of improving Arul's study habits helped him top the class.
1. Does your child set aside time for studying every day?
2. Does your child have the habit of revising portions studied?
3. Does your child get doubts cleared as and when they arise?
4. Does your child ensure she/he understands the lessons to be learnt?
5. Does your child refer to study material other than school textbooks?
6. Does your child sit in a quiet private place to study?
7. Does your child make timetables for studying and follow them?
8. Does your child practice taking timed mock tests before appearing for an exam?
9. Does your child make notes, mind-maps and cues while studying?
10. Does your child avoid distractions of all kinds during study hours?
ParentCircle is a magazine that empowers parents to raise successful and happy children. SUBSCRIBE NOW