A child is capable of learning new things. So should we push him and give him more opportunities or just take it easy.
Answered by Team ParentCircle
Yes, a child is a natural learner and does have great capability to learn new things, but at his own pace. Therefore, let’s replace the word ‘push’ with ‘encourage’. Here are a few tips:
- Show genuine interest in your child’s interests as they emerge, have friendly chats about them.
- Be cautious about imposing your own ideas and interests upon your child.
- Give your child opportunities, just be careful not to overload his time. Let your child pick not more than two favorite classes to attend, perhaps twice or thrice a week.
- It’s important that he has time for free play at least on some days, where he decides how he would like to spend his time. Do allow him to daydream too!
- In early childhood, avoid competitions. Let children enjoy activities without the pressure of performance.
- Children like to explore different activities. This helps them get an idea of their interests. So invest only in the basic equipment they will need (avoid expensive kits and materials) because you don’t yet know how long the interest will last.
Click on this link for more tips:
How to Discover and Nurture Your Child's Hidden Talent
This answer is helpful for 0 parents
The expert will answer your question soon.