Children under 5 who either chewed on electrical cords or played with wall sockets accounted for 70 percent of these injuries. If your toddler touches a household current, he'll likely pull his hand away in time to prevent serious harm.
Young children, particularly toddlers, experience electric shock most often when they bite into electrical cords or poke metal objects such as forks or knives into unprotected outlets or appliances.
Children like to stick their little fingers everywhere especially in plug sockets. You need to be alert enough until your child is matured to understand that.
The danger from an electrical shock depends on the type of current, how high the voltage is, how the current traveled through the body, the person's overall health and how quickly the person is treated.
When looking at how to baby proof (or “child-proof” if you don’t like calling your little one a baby) your home, you must consider everything and anything that is electrical because, as you may have noticed, electrical products and your baby just ...
The good news is that children are at very little risk from electric shocks. But electrical appliances can be dangerous in other ways. Old appliances and children playing with electric appliances can cause burns and fires.
Do you have young children at home or grandchildren who visit? Maybe it’s time you ‘kid-proofed’ your house to reduce the risk of electrical hazards. Here are just a few of the top tips that will help your children stay safe at home.
Protecting children from getting shocked is an important part of being a parent. There are three important ways that parents can make sure their home is safe for kids of all ages.