TOPIC: How does Technology Help your Child Learn? Share with us your experiences in 100 words and stand a chance to win exciting gift vouchers and be a part of our community of parent bloggers! SUBMIT ORIGINAL ENTRIES ONLY!!!
The ability to concentrate for extended periods of time is on the decline among children today. This is mainly because of so much of information overload, that there are always a few background processes happening in their tiny brains. To address this, infotainment programs (audio/video) are extremely helpful. This can be coupled not just with technology, but even using fancy technological gadgets. A new infotainment show that has started recently may be cited as an example. The link will be given at the end of this write-up. This program is seen to be able to keep the children in rapt attention throughout the video, while at the same time imparting a lot of information in a humorous manner. This technique could be tried for various educational purposes.
The link to one of the videos is explaining one of the miracles in the Vrindavan temple:
The technology indeed is playing a crucial role.in my child's development. Instead of direct watching mobile phone, I always connect television through screen mirroring. This way he enjoys his favourite rhymes without too much screen time of mobile. I can play my required rhyme and he starts to enact and dance.
Secondly Alexa is our all time favourite. Be it animal sounds, weather, rhymes, songs I can play anything anytime.
The writo pen is an awesome speaking tool. It gives us answers to the questions in his book.
Lastly skype video session with our parents feels like sitting with them.
Technology help kids to learn in many ways. For example I have two little kids 1 is 6 year old 2 nd is 2 years old. Both were playing with mobile n see you tube video ryem , poems , colours name counting video etc which benefits my both kids learn many poems n no counting , alphabets etc. N learn very easy with fun.
So technology improve child learning power , ciryocity to about things. Technology improve child creativity. If parents & teachers are involved than technology can help kids in learning. Few benefits of technology.
1. Expressing creativity. Many apps allow kids to express their creativity with photos, music, coloring, making funny voices, or creating their own movies.
2. Advancing educational opportunities. Technology allows kids to access a variety of learning materials involving everything from letters and numbers, to states, spelling and learning new languages. Some sites, like k12.com, even allow kids to attend online school. Children with special needs and other disabilities can especially benefit from apps and tech-based devices because they help improve communication skills and change how the kids interact with others. Technology also makes it easier for these kids to focus on specific subjects they may be struggling with .
3. Developing mental muscles. Some research indicates that specific apps and games can enhance kids ability to concentrate. Other apps help kids to meditate and focus on mindfulness. If these apps do what they claim, then they not only boost brain power but can be very beneficial for children with anxiety or attention deficit issues.
4. Preparing for the future. Most of todays jobs require the use of technology Regardless of our ambitions for our children or their own goals, technology will likely be a part of their career. Kids who learn to type, communicate in online settings, and have a basic understanding of navigating and troubleshooting online problems can have a real advantage in the work force..
5. Learning (and teaching) something new. As parents, we know that when were doing something new its much easier to show than tellespecially with our kids. Technology is great for this! Whether were exploring a new language, trying a science experiment, wondering what whale poop looks like (Thank you, potty training book, for making my kids wonder that.), baking something fun, or failing horribly at a craft, tech can be a great tool to help. With parental supervision of course, weve learned how to look up video tutorials, explore Pinterest, and download apps that help us learn all sorts of new things. When we were little, we had to pile into the car, drive to the library, and check out books to learn this stuff. Now our kids have it all at their fingertips. Our kids are wired to look for information this way, and once they figure it out they can teach the rest of us parents and grandparents who might be so savvy at accessing these things.
Technology reflects in our kids in a very positive way only when we guide towards the matter.
Technology added that extra effect in a child's learning process.
There are a lot of online apps and pages which are providing each & every information with the relevant sources.
They have to choose and click only & the content is available to read. Children can read books online and understand the concepts with the help of today's technology.
Even you can clear your doubts and get the correct answer too. For the kids, who don't have proper guidance available at home, can also understand & enhance their knowledge.
I appreciate the effect of technology on a child's learning.
We live in a competitive world, education is not the same that it used to be 20-30 years earlier. we can't deny the fact that technology has made learning easy, interesting and time saving. Technology in form of laptops, computers, videogames etc. has brought a revolution in the education system.
Concentration power of every child is not the same. He/ she may not walk pace to pace with the classroom. For these children e-learning apps are very useful. They can go through the same topic again and again till they are confident.
3-D technology and designing helps to visualize the imagination.
Technology broadens the thinking and imagination power of the children.
Projects and assignments can be made with ease.
We want are children to excel in academics, attend extra curricular activities, take part in sports and so on. They can't afford to loose time. Technology helps them to do smart work. Gain more knowledge in many area within short time.
Technology can be a “force multiplier” for the teacher. Instead of the teacher being the only source of help in a classroom, students can access web sites, online tutorials, and more to assist them. Education doesn’t stop at the end of the school day because students have access to teachers, resources, and assignments via the web and access these resources at any time. Students can also get help and tutoring at any time, whether from the teacher via email or online collaboration, or from a help web site.
Parental involvement is another factor that can increase student achievement. Most parents these days have extremely busy schedules, work different hours, and can’t always help their child with homework or come to school for conferences. Technology can help. Parents can go to a class website and see what their child is working on, they can contact teachers via email and web sites, and they can even check their child’s attendance and grades through online systems. They can also talk to their children from work via email and instant messaging.
Over 60-80% of all children are visual learners, technology makes it easier to supplement verbal content with pictures, graphs and videos.
The trick is to take the youngest generations addiction to technology and use it as an educational advantage. Technology based living provides a multitude of benefits to the students, they can learn at their own pace, gain technological literacy and skills useful beyond school and in the real life.
Several benefits of incorporating technology into the classroom for children include:
*engaging students to learn
*bridging gap between academics and the actual workforce
*diversification of the teaching methods
Technolgy helps educate children in best ways but free access to technology is not advisable.
@Deepika Well written
@Simi Ramesh Thanks a ton
Please enter correct OTP
Your details have been submitted successfully.