Healthy, tasty and nutritious - Oats and Millets are fun. Share some mouthwatering recipes with us!
Foxtail Millet Veggies Khichri
½ cup foxtail millets
½ cup dal (moong or toor)
2.5 cups water
1 cup mixed veggies (carrots, beans, peas, capsicum)
¼ cup methi leaves or ½ to 1 cup spinach / palak
1 tomato small , deseeded (optional)
1.5 tbsp ghee
1 tsp ginger grated
½ tsp cumin / jeera
¼ to ½ tsp red chili powder
1 pinch turmeric
salt as needed
How to make the recipe
Wash millets and dal thoroughly until water runs clear. Soak for about 30 mins to 1 hour. The longer they are soaked the quicker and softer they turn. Drain them to a colander.
Heat a pressure cooker or pot with ghee. Add cumin and allow them to splutter. Saute ginger until a nice flavor comes out.
Add all the veggies including tomato. Saute on a medium flame for 2 to 3 mins.
Add red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala and salt. Saute until the tomatoes turn mushy.
Then add drained millets and dal. Saute for 2 to 3 mins.
Add water and check the salt.
Pressure cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 whistles. I cook for 2 whistles.
Fluff up and add a tsp of ghee.
Serve millet khichdi with curd,papad and pickle.
@Santoshbangar Really love all the recipes that you have shared. They are easy and healthy. Thanks for sharing:)
Oats batti with dal
Rajasthani cuisine is quite different from all other cuisineand is very fascinating too.Rajasthani food is usuallyspicyandmakes use of loads of desi ghee,without which no dishis complete
For the baatis:
2 cups quker oats
2 tbsp wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup ghee (for rolling the stuffed baatis in ghee at the end; this stuff can be left out.)
For the stuffing
1 cup sattu(roasted chna dal atta)
2 onions, medium
2 tsp grated ginger
2 tsp chopped green chillies
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp jeera powder
1 tsp of mango pickle
Salt to taste
For the baati dough:
grind oats to fine powder
In a big bowl, add oats flour and wheat flour. Add the salt, baking powder, and ghee. Mix everything together with clean hands.
Now sprinkle water and make a stiff dough. Allow the Batis Dough to rest for half an hour
For the stuffing:
take bowl and mix everything well. Add salt.
Now, your stuffing for the baatis is ready.
How to prepare the stuffed baatis:
Make balls from the oats flour dough. Take each ball and pat with your hands to make a puri.
Stuff 2 tsp of the paneer filling into the puri.
Pull up the edges and shape the puri back into a stuffed ball or stuffed baati.
Do the same with all the oats flour dough balls.
Now, microwave for 15 or 29 minutes in convention mode. it can make in OTGor gas tandoor
Drown each Stuffed Batis in a bowl of ghee and see the golden Batis shine with the ghee bath. (You can skip this step and be guilt-free).
Serve with dal or with any chutney of your choice.
@Santoshbangar Brilliant Recipe, Santosh. So innovative, tasty and yet loaded with nutients. Such a healthy option! :)
Oats millets blackeye Beans(lobiya) Kabab
Dry dhaniya powder-1tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow fry
Kaju for decoration
Wash and soak lobiya for 2-3 hours.
Boil lobiya in pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles.drain excess water and cool.
Grind lobiya with oats.
Add onion green chilli and green dhaniya.
Add millet flour with dry masalas.
Mix well. Make small balls .flatten on palms.
Apply kaju on each kabab and shallow fry in non stick pan.
Serve hot with green chutney......
Oats Kozukattai.....steamed dumpling
corn meal(makki ka atta)-1/2cup
mustered seeds-1/2 tsp
chana &urd dal-1/2 tsp
boil water in a pan with salt and oil.
Add maizeflour and oats and whisk regularly so no lump.
when it becomes soft dough switch off the gas.when cool make small balls. steamed it in a idly cooker till done.
Now heat oil in a pan add mustered seeds ,chana&urd dal.add curry patta and green chili.when little fried add the balls in it and mix well
switch off gas and cover it for 3-4 minutes sprinkle grated coconut.
Eat wit chutney or sauce...
Very healthy and yummy Oats and broken wheat dhokla recipe
Preparation time : 60 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serve : 2 to 3 serve
Recipe name : Oats and Broken wheat Dhokla
1. 1/4 cup daliya (broken wheat)
2. 1 cup rolled oats
3. 1/2 cup gram flour
4. 1 tbsp and 1 tsp powder sugar
5. 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
6. Salt as per taste
7. 1 tbsp green chilli and ginger paste
8. 2 tbsp fresh chopped corriender
9. 3/4 cup yogurt
10. 1/4 tsp citric acid
11. 1 tbsp oil
12. 1 tsp soda
13. 1 tbsp oil
14. 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
15. 1/4 tsp or less assafotida
16. 6 to 8 curry leaves
17. 2 to 3 green chillies cut in half
18. 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
19. 1 tsp sugar
20. 1 tsp dedicated coconut for garnish
1. First soaked broken wheat in lukewarm and water for atleast 20 to 25 minutes, when it's soft and fluffy drain water
2. Grind oats in a coarse powder
3. For making better, take oats powder, soaked broken wheat, ginger and chilli paste, salt, turmeric powder, citric acid, chopped correinder, sugar and yogurt mix well and, cover it and keep aside for 25 to 30 minutes
4. Otherside Prepare steamer with sufficient water and grease a flat plate with some oil
5. After 30 minutes add oil and soda in better and mix well
6. Transfer the better in to a greased plate and place the plate in steamer, cover it and steamed for 12 to 15 minutes or till done
Other side for tempting,
7. Heat oil in a pan add curry leaves, hing, mustard and sesame seeds, green chillies when crackle add water and sugar now switch of gas
8. When sugar melt pour the tempting over the steamed dhokla
9. Now Oats and Broken wheat Dhokla is ready to serve
10. Garnish with some dedicated coconut and serve with chutney and enjoy
Millet blondie with coffee sauce
Preparation time : 10minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Serve : 4
1. 1 tbsp nicely cooked millet for crunch
2. 1/4 cup peanut butter
3. 3 tbsp melted butter
4. 1/4 cup brown sugar
5. 1/4 cup all purpose flour
6. 2 tbsp millet flour
7. 1/2 tsp baking powder
8. 1/2 tsp baking soda
9. 1 tsp vanilla essence
10. 2 tbsp desicated coconut
10. 3/4 cup fresh cream
11. 1 tbsp coffee powder
12. 1/2 cup brown sugar
13. 2 tbsp unsalted butter
14. 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
1. Take melted butter and sugar in mixing bowl and mix till sugar melt
2. Now add Peanut butter and cooked millet and mix well
3. Sieve the both flour with baking soda and baking powder and add in wet ingredients and mix
4. Add vanilla extract and mix
5. Add desicated coconut and mix
6. Pour better in already greased pan and bake this in preheated at 180* for 20 to 25 minutes or done
7. Take coffee powder in a cup add 2 tbsp hot water to make coffee decoction
8. Now caramelized the brown sugar and add fresh cream on low flame and mix well
9. Now add coffee decoction and stir
10. Finally add butter in this and stir also
Pour the coffee sauce over top of millet blondie
11. When it's cool down, sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds and desicated coconut over the top , cut in pieces and serve
12. Now Millet Blondie with coffee sauce is ready to serve
Millet and Oats Hareera
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serve : 2 to 3
1. 1/2 cup oats
2. 1/4 cup soaked and nicely cooked millet (4 to 5 hours)
3. 1 tbsp millet flour
4. 3/4 cup chopped almonds,walnuts,cashew
5. 1/4 cup foxnuts
6. 1 and 1/4 cup jaggery
7. 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
8. 1/2 tsp carom seeds
9. 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
10. 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
11. 2 tbsp desi ghee
1. Dry roast the oats and chopped dry fruits separately and keep aside
2. Heat some ghee roast the foxnuts till crisp when done keep aside and chopped in pieses
3. Again heat some ghee and roast the millet flour till pleasant smell comes when done also keep aside
4. Again heat ghee in a pan add carom seeds and turmeric powder when it's roast and pleasant smell comes add dry ginger powder and stir on low flame
5. Now add jaggery and add some water and cook till jaggery melt
6. Now add already cooked millet and stir
7. After a minutes add roasted oats and millet flour and stir on low flame (continue stir to avoid lumps)
8. When it's start to thick add roasted and chopped dry fruits and stir
9. Now add roasted foxnuts pieses and mix and cook on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes
10. When it's done finally add green cardamom powder and mix and swtich of gas
11. Serve hot for more taste, garnish with some chopped nuts and enjoy
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 15 to 18 mins
Serve : 4 to 6 serve
1. 1 cup rolled oats
2. 1 cup sweet corn fresh
3. 1 tbsp corn flour
4. 1 tbsp all purpose flour
5. 3/4 cup mix roasted and chopped dry fruits
6. 2 tbsp brown sugar
7. 2 tbsp chilled butter
8. 1 tbsp sesame seeds
9. 1 pinch salt
1. First roast the oats in a pan and keep aside
2. Take sweet corn in grinding jar and make coarsaly paste and transfer in a deep bowl
3. Now add chilled butter, corn flour, all purpose flour in corn paste
4. Now add oats, salt, roasted dry fruits and brown sugar mix and knead dough
5. Now rolled it like thick chapati on plain surface, sprinkle sesame seeds over it and again roll it lightly
6. Now prick with fork over the chapati and cut the pieces in triangle
7. Grease with butter over it and baked in preheated oven on 180*c for 15 to 18 minutes or till crisp
8. Now healthy and tasty oats and dry fruits nachos are ready to serve
Please enter correct OTP
Your details have been submitted successfully.