Super Cool Hairstyles for Preschool Girls
Want your little girl to be the centre of attention and look her best at her next outing? Dressing her hair up with the most funky hairstyles is now going to be a breeze. Read on to see how
By Team ParentCircle • 6 min read
Most young girls are very particular that their hair is well taken care of and love to adorn it with various accessories such as headbands and flower clips. They like being on trend and ask their mothers to try different hairstyles on them, so that they look their best on any occasion. Since Diwali is nearing, this is the best time to go fancy with your angel's hair.
Looking for more ideas to celebrate Diwali this year? Click here to join and explore more!
So what’s the biggest trend for preschool girls for the festive season? According to hair experts, braids are the hottest trend this season for little girls and you can make innumerable, different styles for her with braids that are not just cool, but also easy-to-do. Just tie a simple Princess Elsa-inspired braid, a top braid, a French plait or a fishtail - the options are limitless.
Here we show you some really stunning, no-sweat, Do-It-Yourself (DIY) styles that are going to turn you into a super mother overnight. Try them on your preschool girl and see how she jumps up in joy.
This easy-to-do style will make your girl look like a diva. One of the most popular and trending styles of the season, the space bun not just looks funky and cool but is a good no-fuss hairdo to keep the hair away from the face.
How to do it:
1. Make a middle partition from the top of the head all the way to the nape.
2. Tie a high ponytail each on both sides tightly above the ear and secure with a black rubber band.
3. Now tie a fishtail or a regular plait with both sections of the hair, securing with rubber bands at the end.
4. Wrap the plaits around and tie with a band to create a high bun on each side.
Wear it to: a play date, to the park or just playing outdoors.
French Braid High Bun
This beautiful hairdo combines two different styles and turns it into one awesome hairstyle. It suits both shoulder length and long hair and seems to give the hair more volume. Your little one will look as pretty as a peach.
How to do it:
1. Make a V-section and take hair from the front part of the head.
2. Clip this section over the head.
3. Tie a high ponytail with the remaining hair at the back of the head and secure with a rubber band.
4. Using a doughnut stuffing over the ponytail, spread the hair to make a smooth round bun. Secure with a rubber band.
5. French braid the V-section of hair and conceal the ends around the bun.
6. Smooth any stray hairs with a fine comb and tie a beautiful ribbon around the bun.
Wear it to: Formal get-together, festivals, party
Roll up with flower
This hairdo is very chic and has a kind of fairy tale aura to it. Preschool girls look really cherubic and dainty in this hairstyle which is not very difficult to do at home. The flower adds pizazz and looks really perfect for a formal outing.
1.Take a side partition from the front to halfway down the head.
2. From the other side, take a small section of hair and twist it neatly.
3. Take the twisted section towards the back and pin it securely.
4. Neatly comb down the remaining hair from the back and carefully roll it up from the tip upwards, till the nape. It should look like a roll of hair.
5. Holding it carefully, pin it from the inside and the side in such a way that it creates a slight curve at the base of the neck.
6.Once the hairstyle is held tightly pin a hair flower in the middle of the roll-up.
Wear it to: Formal party, weddings, special occasions
Also see this funky and casual DIY Cross Plait hairstyle that will look really cool on your little girl:
All hairstyles courtesy Vurve Signature Salon, Chennai
Join our Circles to share, discuss and learn from fellow parents and experts!
More For You
More for you
Top 50 Creative Activities For Kids
Creative activities for kids keep them busy and help them spend time in a productive manner. Here...
Dr Priscilla J S Selvaraj • 21 min read
Why Messy Play Is Important for Your Presc...
An expert gives you the ultimate guide to sensory play—what it entails, what are its benefits and...
Sidhika Goenka • 15 min read
Tips To Improve Dental Health For Your Child
Oral health is vital for our overall well-being. Yet, we somehow take it for granted. Also, depen...
Dr Karishma Jaradi • 7 min read