Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: Key Highlights
After the success of the previous two editions, hopes were high for the third Pariksha Pe Charcha with PM Modi. And, it did not disappoint. Here’s a look at some key points.
By Team ParentCircle
“A happy mind is the secret of a good marksheet.” - Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
This year’s edition of Pariksha Pe Charcha was a much awaited one. With good reason too! Held at the Talkatora stadium in New Delhi on 20 January, the event saw Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressing students from across the country. Apart from students, Prime Minister Modi also interacted with parents and teachers on various exam-related issues.
Every year, hundreds of students have concerns that remain unanswered. The main objective of Pariksha Pe Charcha every year, is to try and reduce exam-related stress, and ensure students write their exams in a relaxed state of mind. It also aims to help the younger generation develop the right attitude towards dealing with the highs and lows of life.
The Prime Minister also touched upon an important factor when it comes to exams – failure. Every day, especially during exam time, reports trickle in about students failing to cope with exam pressure and resorting to extreme measures such as committing suicide. Students need to be taught that no failure is final and what is important is trying again.
In connection with this, Prime Minister Modi rightly said, “Marks are not life. Similarly, an examination is not the determining factor for your whole life. It is just an important stepping stone in life. I pray to parents – don’t tell your children that this is everything. If your expectation is not fulfilled, don’t behave as if you lost everything. You can go to any field. There are umpteen opportunities”.
Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: Key Highlights
The third edition of PM Modi’s Pariksha pe Charcha gave students, parents, and teachers some wonderful points to ponder.
- Every failure is a step towards success. The Chandrayaan 2 mission serves as an example.
- In life, we should dream of doing something rather than becoming something.
- Do not let technology rule you, rather, rule technology.
- Have a gadget-free hour every day.
- Avoid putting pressure on children as this will only lead to depression.
- Exercise self-control to manage focus while studying.
- Examinations and marks are not the sole purpose of life.
- Take out time every day for some kind of extra-curricular activities.
- The more stress you take in with you in the exam hall, the more difficult it will get. The more self-confidence you walk in with, the easier it will be for you.
- Students should see what they can do right now in favour of their country, which can benefit them and the country in future.
- Always encourage your children to take challenges in life.
- Do not pressurise students about exams as the world is full of opportunities.
- Try to read first edition of the book Exam Warriors for more tips.
The Prime Minister also sought suggestions from students, parents and teachers for the next edition of his book Exam Warriors.
Exam Warriors: A Brief Synopsis
The book was authored by PM Modi in 2018 and received a good response from students, parents and teachers. The title of the book refers to students as warriors appearing for the exams.
An inspiring book for the youth, it is easy and fun to read. It seeks to add to the debate around the importance of stress-free examinations and the need of pursuing knowledge over marks. Filled with illustrations, activities to do (on some pages, students can write their very own exam mantras to motivate fellow students) and even yoga exercises – the book sought not only to help students face the exams with a calm frame of mind, but also to tackle the many challenges that life throws.
Pariksha Pe Charcha is a great medium that deals with the concerns of students. They should be allowed to express their concerns and fears over exams, so that these issues can be addressed.
Watch the Pariksha Pe Charcha townhall with PM Modi, where he addresses the students:
About the Author:
Written by Team ParentCircle on 31 January 2020.
Stressed about exams? Call our Counsellors on 8754414666 / 044-66236611 in Feb (Tues & Fri, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
Join our Circles to share, discuss and learn from fellow parents and experts!
More For You
More for you
Child Development and children
Toddlers make huge strides in development ranging from recognising people to running about and pl...
Eco-friendly Interior Design Ideas For You...
Going for an eco-friendly interior design that uses eco-friendly building materials would not onl...
Beach Ball Khakhras
Beach Ball Khakhras is a healthy, delicious, simple recipe to make with your child.