New Mom Outfits To Look Stylish
Are you bored of maternity wear? As a new mom, you may want to revamp your look and add comfortable yet stylish pieces to your wardrobe. So, check out what our clothing expert has to say.
By Sharad Venkta
As a new mom, you've entered a new and wonderful phase in your life. And naturally, this involves embracing the changes in your body too. But, who says you must stick to maternity clothes forever? Celebrate being a new mom by choosing to upgrade your look. Here are some versatile pieces that can become wardrobe staples. What's more, these are super chic, stylish and functional as well!
1. Jumpsuit: A new mother will find it oh-so-easy to slip into a jumpsuit, zip it up and go. If you do not really have the time to coordinate your look for the day, a jumpsuit is your go-to outfit. These are considered comfortable to wear, yet always in style. You can pair jumpsuits with a funky and cool pair of sneakers for a casual evening. And, if you plan to go for a party later, a nice statement heel will do the trick. So, opt for jumpsuits as these are chic, versatile and most important, toddler-friendly.
2. Sundress: Be it summer or spring, a sundress never goes out of style. A sundress can be easily paired with either flats or ankle boots and you are good to go. But if you are going for a playful stroll with your little one, it is more practical to wear shorts under the dress — so that you can easily bend or run after your child. To glam up a sundress for an evening out, drape a jacket over your shoulders and add statement jewellery.
Also read: How to Introduce Fashion to your Child?
Denim is ever-lasting and evergreen. Becoming a mom does not mean you have to compromise on style. Nor does it mean you should give up denim jeans, shirts or dresses. Pair your denim jeans with loafers for a polished and chic look. Loafers are known to be super comfortable and easy to walk in, even while carrying a toddler! Denim makes for great office wear. It can also be dressed up for a formal event by adding a long blazer — a great transitional piece that easily takes you from day to night. Just remember to get a blazer that is tailored and fits you perfectly.
4. Classic tee and jeans: Every new mom’s go-to, this is both contemporary and current. This is a combination that never goes out of style. Whether you're headed to a meeting or simply strolling with your baby, a classic white tee and high-waisted jeans will feel utterly comfortable. And, leave you feeling super confident too.
5. Jeggings and leggings: Leggings, being stretchy and elastic in nature, are great as everyday staples. Moreover, leggings fit snugly but don't feel too tight or uncomfortable. So, add a dash of colour to your wardrobe by opting for leggings in bold and bright shades. The best part is that you can pair leggings with almost anything and everything. Trust us, these will never go out of style.
6. Draped Trench: Being a mom can be challenging. After all, you have to be prepared for anything at any time — be it bandaging bruised knees or wiping clean grubby hands, or fishing out sweets to soothe tearful tots. That's where a draped trench will come in extremely handy. Not only does this style look great on almost everybody, it can also be very mom-friendly with its multiple pockets to store stuff every mom needs! You can wear a draped trench as a dress as well. So, invest in a well-made trench and say hello to a stylish new you.
As a new mom, keep in mind that you should wear or choose what suits you and works for your changed lifestyle. Also, it is not that you need to splash out on whatever is trending or fashionable, convenience and comfort matter too.
The author is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Toonz Retail.
More For You
More for you
Fashion Tips And Trends For Busy Working M...
A working mom has to juggle office and home, and everything in between. So, fashion takes a backs...
5 Indo-Western Outfits For Diwali
Want to look dazzling this Diwali? Embrace a more fusion style of dressing and make sure your fam...
Top 5 Trends In Newborn Clothing For 2018
Looking to dress up your little bundle of joy with the latest in baby wear? Our useful tips from ...