Get together with your child to make these healthy Fruit Boats. Imagine, Create, Have fun together!
By Team ParentCircle
Making crafts with real fruits is an effective way to entice children to eat them. How about creating a fruit boat together with your child? You can get creative and use any combination of fruits.
- 1 watermelon
- 1 - 2 bananas
- Cut the watermelon in half. Set aside one half to make base of boat.
- Cut out a couple of triangular pieces of watermelon for the mast and boatman head.
- Cut out different sizes of banana pieces to make the boatman as shown.
- Give your child some toothpicks and let her assemble the boat and boatman as shown.
- Encourage her to use her creativity and imagination to come up with her own ideas. Feel free to use other fruits as well.