Get together with your child to make these healthy Fruit Boats. Imagine, Create, Have fun together!
By Team ParentCircle • 2 min read
Making crafts with real fruits is an effective way to entice children to eat them. How about creating a fruit boat together with your child? You can get creative and use any combination of fruits.
- 1 watermelon
- 1 - 2 bananas
- Cut the watermelon in half. Set aside one half to make base of boat.
- Cut out a couple of triangular pieces of watermelon for the mast and boatman head.
- Cut out different sizes of banana pieces to make the boatman as shown.
- Give your child some toothpicks and let her assemble the boat and boatman as shown.
- Encourage her to use her creativity and imagination to come up with her own ideas. Feel free to use other fruits as well.