Friendship Day: Fun DIY Ideas for Friendship Bands
Getting geared up for celebrating the day with your best friends? Give them a surprise with these cool, make-at-home bands
It is said that a real friend walks in when the rest of the world walks out. We all have that set of close companions who make us feel that everything is alright in this world, even on the most gloomy days.
So it would be a wonderful gesture to make your own friendship bands and gift them to your best buddies to show them how much you care.
Friendship bands can be made with different types of materials including beads, thread, silk, ribbons and wool. They symbolise everlasting friendship and once tied on someone’s wrist, have to be worn all the time. According to MakingFriends.com, bands of different colours signify the different personality traits, for e.g yellow means cheerful, pink means kind, green means responsible and so on.
These five trendy bands are easy to make and you do not even need expensive materials to create them. Such beautiful pieces will surely get the nod of approval from your best friends.
Here are five great DIY ideas to make the bands --
Simple Woollen Friendship Bracelet
- 3 Wool Threads (Different colours),
- 4 small paper red roses
- Fabric glue
- Tie a knot at one end with three different coloured threads of wool
- Start braiding the threads
- Once you have reached your desired length, tie a knot similar to step one
- In the middle of the braided wool, place the four paper roses in a bunch, with the petals of each flower facing a different direction and glue it to the braided thread.
Paper Bead Band
- A strip paper (coloured or white),
- Water colours and paint brush,
- Wool thread and needle
- Take a piece of paper and cut it into thin strips, preferably of 1 cm in width.
- Roll the tiny strip of paper till it looks like a cylindrical bead
- Use the Adhesive to paste the end of the strip to itself
- Repeat steps one to three until you have the desired number of paper beads, about 15.
- Colour the beads using water colours. This is only applicable if you've used white paper for the beads. Let the beads dry
- Use the needle and wool to string all the beads together.
Sequined Elastic Band
- Piece of broad elastic long enough to be wrapped around your wrist
- Coloured sequins
- Fabric glue
- Bring together the two ends of the elastic and sew it together so that you can wear it in your wrist.
- Place the elastic band on your wrist for this step so that the elastic does not become wobbly when you work on it. Now place random dots on the band with your fabric glue.
- Take multi-coloured sequins and place them on top of the glue.
- Leave the band on your hand for a few minutes so it can dry.
- Once dried you can slide the band on your buddy’s wrist
Button and Bead Bracelet
- Buttons (colourful ones)
- Beads (store bought)
- Elastic thread
- Chose the buttons and beads you want on your bracelet. Always try to use three colours -- one base colour and two bright ones.
- Use your needle and elastic thread to string in your buttons and beads alternatively.
- Knot the ends of the elastic thread and viola! You have yourself an amazing friendship band.
- Long strips of cloth of three different colours
- Small buttons/shells,
- Fabric glue
- Sewing needle
- Place the strips of cloth, one on top of the other such that the one that is the broadest is down and the thinnest strip of cloth is on top.
- Now sew the cloths through the centre so they are firm.
- Place fabric glue dots at equal space on the cloth
- Stick small buttons or shells on the glue and let it dry for sometime.
DIY Designs courtesy : Zeba Rahman, Lokesh Kumar and Vignesh Lakshmanan of Paper to Bag
More For You
More for you
Super Family DIY Ideas To Welcome 2019
This New Year why not cherish a few memories from the past and look forward to 2019? Here are som...
10 Ways You can Surprise Your Child this C...
It’s a special day for all kids and parents need to make the most of it by planning something uni...
8 Easy Ways To Start Weaning Your Baby
There is no surefire approach to weaning a baby but there are certain rules you can follow to mak...