Father’s Day Quotes To Show How Much You Value Him
The first man in your life; your dad is always there for you. How can you show your gratitude for all that he has done? Get inspired with these heartwarming and meaningful Father’s Day quotes.
By Deepthi Balasunder • 12 min read
"A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way."
My dad is my rock, my hero, my guiding star, my inspiration and my friend. He means the world to me. The wind beneath my wings. He is someone I have always looked up to all my life. Quite literally too, as he is taller than me! But jokes apart – what I have shared, is a sentiment and an emotion that would resonate with many.
An unsung hero, he is that steadfast and strong force in our lives, watching over us and always there every step of the way. In his own unique little ways, he protects, loves, nurtures and cares for his family. He is the roaring laughter, the thunderous anger, the fun power, all in all – the dearest doting father.
Today, our husbands, brothers, friends are fathers too – the new age parents trying to do their best for their little ones. Compared to generations ago, dads of today are more supportive, engaged and involved in the lives of their children. They have stepped up and are more serious about their caretaking roles.
Hence, Father’s Day is an opportunity to step back, pause and appreciate the dads all around us – the ones who have been a part of our lives since birth and the ones who have stepped up to this new, exciting and challenging role of fatherhood. Let’s celebrate them all!
What Is Father’s Day And How Did It Originate?
Every year Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June. And this year it falls on 16 June 2019. Father’s Day was introduced at the beginning of the 20th century. Sonora Dodd is believed to be the first person to have suggested the idea of celebrating Father's Day in 1909, after observing how Mother’s Day was well-received by the public. Thus, Father’s Day began to be celebrated in honour of dads and to commemorate the special journey of fatherhood. And to date it is being celebrated every year in many parts of the world.
How Do I Make Father’s Day Special?
If you are wondering how to make this day special for your dad, you have come to the right place. Sometimes it’s hard to describe your feeling or put it in words. That’s when inspirational and heart-rendering quotes help to make a difference.
To make your life easier, here is a compilation of special Father’s Day wishes thoughtfully curated by ParentCircle. Our collection has beautiful quotes from daughters and sons, along with a curated list of funny, inspiring and touching quotes. We also have a fine list of quotes from celebrities across all walks of life. Pick one that you relate to the most and which reflects the special bond you share with your father. You could also choose one that defines your husband as a dad, and make his day!
Wondering how and where to use the quote you picked? Well, you could get it printed on a coffee mug, t-shirt, table-top curio or card, and gift it to daddy dearest? Maybe, a handwritten note with a touching message, and pair it along with a thoughtful gift for your husband. You could even pick a heartwarming Father’s Day saying and post it on your Facebook or Instagram page along with a cool picture of your dad and you, or your husband and kid, on this special day! The ideas are aplenty. Get creative with these beautiful messages.
Now, it’s time to pick a quote. Here are our finds!
Father's Day Quotes From Daughters
- “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” - Fanny Fern, American novelist, children's writer and newspaper columnist
- "A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.” - Enid Bagnold, British author and playwright
- "Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes." - Gloria Naylor, American Novelist
- "It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping." - John Sinor, Author
- "I think my mom put it best. She said, 'Little girls soften their daddy's hearts.'" - Paul Walker, Actor
- A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.” - Gregory E. Lang, Author
- "Being a daddy's little girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life." - Marinela Reka, poet
- "A little girl giggles when she is denied an ice cream by her mother. She knows daddy will get her some later." - Unknown
- "No one in this world can love a girl more than her father." - Michael Ratnadeepak, Author
- “A father holds his daughter's hand for a short while, but he holds her heart forever.” - Unknown
Father's Day Quotes From Sons
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” - Jim Valvano, American basketball player, coach, and broadcaster
- "It’s only when you grow up and step back from him — or leave him for your own home — it’s only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it." - Margaret Truman, American classical soprano, actress, journalist and writer
- "It is not flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us fathers and sons." - Johann Friedrich Von Schiller, German poet and philosopher
- "A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow." - Unknown
- "By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong." - Charles Wadsworth, classical pianist and musical promoter
- "When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry." - William Shakespeare, English poet, playwright and actor
- "An almost perfect relationship with his father was the earthly root of all his wisdom.” - C S Lewis, British writer
Fathers Day Inspirational Quotes
- "My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived and let me watch him do it." - Clarence Kelland, American Writer
- "Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad." - Wade Boggs, American baseball player
- "Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song." - Pam Brown, Australian poet
- "The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family." - Reed Markham, American educationist
- "A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society." – Billy Graham, American evangelist
- "We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves." - Henry Ward Beecher, Social reformer and speaker
- “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” - Antoine Francois Prevost, French author and novelist
- “One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” - George Herbert, English poet and orator
- "Daddies don't just love their children every now and then, it's a love without end." - George Strait, American singer
- "A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you.” - Dimitri the Stoneheart
Funny Fathers Day Quotes
- " I smile because you’re my father; I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it."
- "Dad, without me, today would just be another day. You’re welcome."
- "Dad, I can never repay you. Literally."
- "Worst jokes. Best dad."
- "Happy Father's Day, Dad. Today, as a gift to you, I'll laugh at all of your jokes."
- "Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow." - Reed Markham
Famous Fathers Day Quotes
- “Any fool can have a child. That doesn't make you a father. It's the courage to raise a child that makes you a father." - Barack Obama, former president of the United States, public speaker
- "I’ve jumped out of helicopters and done some daring stunts and played baseball in a professional stadium. But none of it means anything compared to being somebody's daddy." - Chris Pratt, Actor
- "I've never slept less and dealt with more poop and been so excited about it!" - Justin Timberlake, musician, producer, actor, comedian and entrepreneur
- "A father carries pictures where his money used to be." - Steve Martin, American actor, comedian, writer, producer, and musician
- "My dad believed in me, even when I didn’t. He always knew I could do this.” - Taylor Swift, Singer and Songwriter
- "My father used to say that it's never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, 'You never know what you can accomplish until you try.’ - Michael Jordan, American basketball player
- "My dad raised me with some good advice: Always tell the truth. Always shoot from the hip. You might not have many friends, but you’ll never have enemies, because people will always know where you’re coming from.” - Pink, Singer, Songwriter and Actor
- "I only hope when I have my own family that everyday I see a little more of my father in me." - Keith Urban, singer, songwriter and music producer
- "Being a father is the single greatest feeling on Earth. Not including those wonderful years I spent without a child, of course!" - Ryan Reynolds, Actor
So, what are you waiting for? This Father's Day don't shy away from expressing your love and appreciation to your dads, husbands and other father-figures in your lives. Pick a quote and a creative idea to go with it. Happy Father's Day!
Also read: 10 Tips To Be A Great Dad
More For You
More for you
How I Learnt Urdu Because Of My Daughter
Deepthi B is an online published author, who revels in the magic of words and the simple joys of ...
Deepthi Balasunder • 2 min read
This Is How I Learnt Urdu Because Of My Da...
Language knows no barriers and you’re never too old to learn a new one. If your child can inspire...
Deepthi Balasunder • 9 min read
How To Improve Your Child's Digestive Health
In a world full of ‘food options’, are you doing enough to take good care of your child’s digesti...
Deepthi Balasunder • 2 min read