Delicious Homemade Bread Recipes For Your Kids
Tired of the same old bread-butter-jam sandwich for breakfast? Try these delicious bread recipes instead, and kick start your mornings on a happy note!
By Chef Vikas Dobhal
It is a well-known fact that the most important meal of the day is breakfast. A healthy breakfast is particularly important for growing children. But getting kids to eat breakfast is an ordeal for most parents. Couple that with the morning rush of reaching school and office on time, breakfasts are left unfinished and kids lose out on vital nutrients to kick start their day. Further, bread-based food makes a great snack idea for kids. Especially, when they come home after school, famished.
So, leave aside the usual bread and butter sandwich and the bread and eggs toast, and try these healthy and yummy bread recipes for kids. These are surprisingly different and delicious too!
1. Buffalo margarita
- Buckwheat flour
- Tomato sauce
- Bocconcini cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh Roma tomato
- Basil leaves
- Take buckwheat flour, make it a soft dough and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Make the dough thin and in the shape of the pizza.
- Spread some tomato sauce on the thin dough.
- Add mozzarella and bocconcini cheese to it.
- Add 6-8 slices of Roma tomatoes.
- Add some 5-6 basil leaves and keep the bread in an oven for 10-12 minutes.
Also read: Easy recipes to cook without fire
2. Grilled black slider
- Multigrain burger bun
- Mozzarella cheese
- Black beans
- Bread crumbs
- Iceberg lettuce
- Peri peri mayonnaise
- Sweet potato fries
- Cut multigrain burger bun into two pieces.
- Add the black beans, cheese and bread crumbs. Make it in a patty shape.
- Shallow fry the patty in a pan.
- Now take the bun, and spread the peri peri mayo on it.
- Cut the tomato in slices and place them on the bun.
- Place the patty above the tomato slices.
- Spread some mayo on the patty and keep it in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- The dish is ready. Serve it with sweet potato fries.
3. Spinach cheese toast
- Small 6-inch French loaf
- Amul cheese
- Feta cheese
- 100g spinach
- ½ bell pepper
- 5 pieces of cherry tomatoes
- 1 sprig of rocket lettuce
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salsa sauce or tomato ketchup
- Take a small French loaf and cut at a slight angle into 5 equal pieces and bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degree, for 30 seconds.
- Make a mixture of Amul and feta cheese and spread it on the bread pieces.
- Cut the spinach finely and add it to a non-stick pan with olive oil and cook till soft.
- Add finely chopped bell peppers to it and cook for a minute.
- Take the pieces of bread already spread with cheese mix and layer the spinach and bell pepper mix to it.
- Grate a little bit of Amul cheese on it and bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for one minute.
- Garnish with rocket leaves and cherry tomatoes and serve with salsa sauce or tomato ketchup.
4. Chilli cheese toast
- 4 slices of multigrain bread
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 green chili, finely cut
- ½ cup diced capsicum
- Grated cheese
- Spread an even layer of butter on one side of the bread.
- In a bowl, mix the diced onion, chili, and diced capsicum.
- Place this mixture on top of the buttered bread.
- Place a generous amount of grated cheese on top of the bread.
- Put these slices of bread on a baking tray and pop it into the grill for five minutes until the cheese melts and bubbles.
- Let the bread slices cool a little. Serve to your little one with ketchup on the side.
So, the next time your little one reaches out for the nearest packet of noodles or pasta, treat her to one of these yummy bread recipes. Not only are the above recipes delicious but they are packed with nutrients too. Thus, making them an ideal way to start the day for your children or as an anytime snack.
More For You
More for you
10 Natural And Homemade Face Masks For Tee...
Who says you need to spend lots of time and money in parlours to look good? Here are 10 simple an...
10 Things To Watch Out For From The Amazon...
Who doesn't love a great bargain? This festive season, make sure you shop for these amazing baby ...
First Cell Phone Rules for Tweens and Teens
Planning to give your child the first mobile phone of her life? Here are some ground rules for ph...