Best Handmade Christmas Tree Decorations For Home
Outshine shop-bought Christmas decorations with your own handmade DIY Christmas tree. Here are some homemade Christmas craft and decoration ideas to deck your halls with boughs of 'paper' holly!
By Team ParentCircle • 6 min read
Who doesn't love the Christmas season? It's the time of the year when homes are filled with stars and there are delicious treats to spread warmth and joy. Have you thought about bedecking your house with some nice handmade Christmas decorations?
Making a handmade DIY Christmas tree can be pretty exciting for the family. Let's help you sort that out right now! Also read about some beautiful homemade Christmas craft ideas to deck your halls up for the season.
How to make a handmade Christmas tree?
Make this life-sized Christmas tree using cardboard; add our handmade decorations and celebrate an eco-friendly Christmas.
• two 4×3 foot pieces of cardboard
• a big cardboard shoebox
• a pair of scissors or a paper cutter (adult supervision necessary)
• packing tape
• green paint
1. Draw the outline of a Christmas tree on both pieces of cardboard.
2. Cut out the tree shape along the lines.
3. In the first piece of cardboard, make a slit (about 5mm in width) from the top till the middle of the tree.
4. In the second cardboard, make a similar slit, but from bottom to the middle.
5. Place the second cardboard over the slit you made on the first cardboard’s top. Paint your tree green.
6. Secure all sides of the shoebox with tape. Place it vertically. Remove the top.
7. Make a slit (2 inches in length) on all the four corners.
8. Fit the tree into the shoebox such that the four sides of the tree sit on the four corners of the shoebox. Your homemade tree is ready.
Popsicle stick reindeer ornament
Celebrate Santa's colourful, adorable helpers with this craft activity. With a few popsicle sticks, a couple of googly eyes and a pompom, bring Ruldolph, the red-nosed reindeer alive!
• 3 popsicle sticks
• 2 googly eyes
• a red pompom
• satin ribbon
• brown paint
1. Colour the popsicle sticks with brown paint.
2. Arrange the sticks in a triangle as shown in the picture and glue them together.
3. Stick the googly eyes on either sides.
4. Glue the red pompom where the two sides meet.
5. Make a loop in the satin ribbon and glue it to the reindeer. There, now Rudolph can adorn your Christmas tree!
How to make paper holly leaves?
These spiny leaves with red berries are quintessential Christmas decoration. We are giving you a printable version so you and your child can easily make these at home.
• green and red-coloured sheets of paper
• a pair of scissors
• template of holly leaves
1. Take a printout of the leaves template on the green paper.
2. Cut the shapes along the outline so you get leaves.
3. Cut the red paper in a circular shape corresponding to the size of the berries in the template.
4. Glue the red circles on the leaves. Now, you have your own holly leaves minus the spikes.
Now that we have provided enough inspiration for you to turn your house into a winter wonderland, what are you waiting for! Go ahead, get decorating your home, as a family! Remember, kids love Christmas and all things shiny and shimmery, so they are bound to have a great time.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
About the author:
Written by Team ParentCircle on 23 December 2018; updated on 9 December 2019
Join our Circles to share, discuss and learn from fellow parents and experts!
More For You
More for you
How To Buy Healthy Foods for Your Toddler
The first step to eating healthy is buying healthy food. We help you make the right choice for yo...
Team ParentCircle • 6 min read
Does Your Child Eat Only While Watching TV?
In our Parent-Expert series this month, we look at an issue that is very common in every Indian h...
Team ParentCircle • 2 min read
CBSE Board Exams: Class 10, 12 Exams To Be...
Will exams be conducted in offline or online mode? What about NEET 2021? Will there be a reductio...
Team ParentCircle • 8 min read