Exciting recipes that take the shape of transport vehicle like Choo-Choo Train are sure to get your child excited about food.
By Team ParentCircle • 3 min read
Crunchy veggies served with a cool, creamy dip make for a light and refreshing summer snack. And when the recipe takes the shape of an adorable little edible train, it is on ‘track’ to be a huge hit with your children. Sounds exciting? Let’s choo choo now.
- ½ cup hung curd
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- ½ tsp fresh garlic paste
- Salt and sugar to taste
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder
- 3 small capsicums, any colour
- 1 English cucumber, cut into sticks
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 carrots, cut into thick sticks
- 1 baby corn
- Have your child help you whisk together the hung curd, cream, garlic paste, salt, sugar and cumin powder. Set aside.
- Slice off a side of each capsicum and remove the seeds and pith. Do not remove the stems.
- Place the capsicums on a serving plate with the open side up, with all the stems facing the same side to make a train.
- Push a toothpick into a piece of baby corn and then push it into the front of the first capsicum.
- Have your child pour the hung curd dip into each of the capsicums.
- Have her stack the carrot sticks inside the second capsicum and the cucumber sticks in the last one.
- Have your child place 4 cherry tomato halves around each capsicum to make the wheels. Serve right away.