Best Baby Strollers And Prams In India
With a functional and affordable baby stroller, it gets extremely easy to carry your baby wherever you go. Be it running errands or a walk in the park, no hassles! Check out the best prams in India!
By Siddiqha Naseem
“Every evening I wish to take my one-year-old daughter to a nearby park, just to spend some quality time with her and get some fresh air. But after completing my never-ending list of chores, am just so exhausted at the end of the day. And the mere thought of stepping out of the house carrying a screeching toddler, just puts me off. But then a cousin of mine offered her stroller that they used to use when their son was a toddler. And I decided to give it a try. My life has turned around ever since. It seriously feels like I have got both my hands back! Be it a trip to the supermarket for some grocery shopping or an evening out, taking my baby girl out in a stroller makes life so much easier.”, says Anitha, mother of a one-year-old screeching toddler.
What is a stroller?
It is challenging for parents to do multiple tasks at the same time. And if you have a little baby to take care of, it becomes even more strenuous. The very thought of tagging your little one along with you when you step out is terrifying in itself. Well, it's time to say hello to strollers!
So, what is a stroller? A stroller is nothing but a small carriage with wheels meant for pushing a baby or toddler around. These come in various models, designs, styles, colours and features. You can easily find one that fits your requirement and budget. Whether you prefer a traditional stroller with basic features or a sophistically-designed jogging stroller, you don’t need to spend hefty amounts to own this amazing product.
Here is a quick look at how to use a stroller!
Baby strollers can indeed make your new-motherhood life more worthwhile. If you’re still not convinced whether you need a baby stroller, then read through the following benefits and the different types available in the market, to make the right decision.
Benefits of a stroller:
- A stroller makes it easy for you to move with your baby around.
- With this efficient product, you don’t have to carry your baby all the time and you can give your arms some much-needed rest.
- You can take your toddler out easily and spend quality time with her.
- If your baby gets cranky or sleepy, she can sleep off in the stroller while you continue with your errands.
- Strollers can be easily folded, locked, stored and carried about.
- Enjoy long trips? Purchasing a travel system is the best decision you can take. It will prove to be a great investment as it can serve as both as a child car seat and baby stroller.
“When I got my baby’s stroller I made sure it met my requirements. I was looking for something light-weight so that I can carry it around. I also wanted it to be colourful to keep her entertained, some storage space to hold my things like my purse and mobile phone, a proper brake system and a mosquito net in case we go out in the evening,” says Geetha, mother of 9-months-old Nethra Laksmi.
Strollers have been in use since time immemorial. Let's take a trip back in time to bygone years and check out some vintage strollers.Take a look at some right here:
What are the different types of strollers?
Full-sized strollers: If you are looking for a big, sturdy and versatile stroller that can be used from babyhood to toddlerhood then this one is for you. It is a comfortable stroller with lots of room. It is durable with lots of storage space. However, being quite heavy, it is not appropriate for travels.
Umbrella strollers: Although umbrella strollers do not come with features like the ones the full-sized strollers have, umbrella strollers are perfect when you want to travel light. They are designed to fold up easily like an umbrella and this makes them easily portable. Some even come with a shoulder strap and can be easily slung over your shoulders!
Jogging strollers: This is the perfect stroller for parents who are always on the run. With jogging strollers, you can walk, jog, run or even hike, all while your baby is snug and comfortable. Its superior suspension gives you maximum ease at mobility and speed. Most strollers of this kind come with front wheels that can swivel or stay fixed.
Double strollers: If you are parents to twins or a toddler who can’t leave the company of his newborn sibling, then this is the right pick for you. You don’t have to struggle to take care of them separately. These strollers are usually big and spacious. However, it is important to check the different models available, depending on the age gap between the two siblings.
Travel systems: For parents and toddlers who love to travel, the travel system stroller is a complete boon. It can convert into a car seat or a stroller as and when you please. The bonus is that, it lets you take your baby from the car without any hassle even if she is asleep. This makes getting around with a baby a whole lot easier.
Best Umbrella Strollers
LuvLap Sunshine Stroller/Pram, with Mosquito net, for Newborn Baby/Kids, 0-3 Years (Navy Blue)
Product description: LuvLap strollers are made specially for children to discover love from the lap of luxury. Their strollers are ergonomically designed to keep your baby comfortably supported.
- A three positioned seat recline to adjust according to your baby’s comfort.
- Detachable soft cushions that are easy to remove and wash.
- The mosquito net protects your child during evening walks in the park.
Buy it from Amazon at ₹ 2,819.00
Product description: These strollers are EN 1888 Certified, which is the most stringent certification defined by European standards. All the features are made to satisfy and keep your baby comfortable.
- 6.5-inch front wheels that are easy to swivel during long strolls.
- The reversible handle enables you to have your baby facing towards you.
- Has the best suspension to give your child the smoothest ride.
- One step link brake that can lock the stroller with just one tap with your feet.
Buy it from Amazon at ₹ 7,650.00
Best Jogging Strollers
Product description: A perfect stroller for your intense workouts and casual strolls. It has hand-activated rear drum brakes that give you control on slopes, downhills, when you pick up speed or trekking, your little one will be safe.
- Can fold the stroller in seconds.
- One-hand recline helps you adjust the seat angle.
- An adjustable push handle gives 9 different positions for parents to comfortably hold the stroller according to their height.
- Contains a large cargo basket that you can keep all your essentials in.
- It is an all-terrain stroller.
Product description: The Revolution flex-lunar jogging stroller has ultra-reflective fabric that keeps you protected during morning runs or evening strolls. The front wheel can swivel and lock for added stability.
- The handlebar is padded to reduce the stress on your wrist
- The front wheel can swivel to manoeuvre tight turns.
- It is a two-step fold module and can easily be stored.
- Ultra-reflective fabric protects your child from the sun.
Product description: Bumbleride Indie Baby Stroller is your go-to choice for a light-weight multi-terrain stroller. With adjustable reclining options, it is apt for newborns and toddlers.
- 12 -inch inflated tires
- Cargo basket to fit in all your necessities
- Lightweight anodized aluminium frame
- Adjustable backrest
- Headrest and shoulder pads for the passenger
Product description: The Baby Trend Expedition Travel System comes with a jogging stroller and flex lock on the infant car seat. It has easy mobility and is just the right pick for your child
- Lockable front wheel swivel
- Parent console with two cup holders
- Easy trigger fold
- Canopy to protect your baby from the sun
Best Travel Systems
Product description: A luxurious travel system that comes with the reversible carriage is your go-to easy ride. It has new cruiser tires that strive to give your baby a smooth ride.
- Light-weight and easy to carry around.
- Offers multiple positions for the seat.
- The car seat has a broad shade and protects the baby’s eyes.
- The stroller has enough storage to keep in your essentials.
Product description: A stylish stroller with car seat from Chicco has features that you and your baby will absolutely love. It is easy to carry and is a perfect solution to your toddler travel issues.
- Made out of an ultra-lightweight aluminium frame
- One-hand quick fold for convenient travel.
- The three-wheel design allows quick steering and sporty posture.
Note: Please keep in mind that prices may change as per availability and certain sale days.
Guide to buying strollers:
There are plenty of options to buy. But how will you know which one suits your needs?
Budget: Before even thinking about what kind of a stroller you want to buy, set your budget. This helps you narrow down your choices. Decide if you should go on a spree and spend around a lakh or half, or settle for something stylish and affordable.
Brands: If you have already done your research then by now you must know that Britax stroller, Chicco stroller, Bugaboo stroller, Baby trend stroller and Graco stroller are a few well-known brands to consider. Ensure you buy one from a reputed brand that does not compromise on quality.
Newborn friendly: If your stroller is for a newborn baby then look for ones that offer deep recline or bassinet mode. With this, you can place your baby from day one. Other strollers are typically made for babies who have neck control and can sit upright.
Easy to fold: When you are going out with your child alone it might be a task to fold and unfold the stroller. Look for the models with the one-hand fold module. This makes it easy for you to handle your stroller without help.
Light-weight: If you are a frequent traveller then go for the light-weight stroller that is easy to carry around. The weight of your stroller can make a huge difference when you are trying to catch a train or squishing through the crowd.
Brakes: Make sure the brakes are easy to use. Sometimes power brakes can easily trip.
Shades: We don’t always have perfect weather. It is an important feature to have a canopy in your baby’s stroller. It will protect your child from the sun and rain.
Test drive: When all your requirements are fufilled do a test drive. The comfort of you and your baby is the most essential requirement.
Want to know what strollers looked like 200 years ago? Watch this video!
Now that you have a better understanding about strollers, go ahead and pick the right one that works for you and your baby! Happy outings!
Also read: Clipbook On Baby Strollers
About the author:
Written by Siddiqha Naseem on 28 September 2019.
Join our Circles to share, discuss and learn from fellow parents and experts!
More For You
More for you
9 Stroller Safety Tips You Can’t Miss
Use this guide to choose the safest stroller for your baby.
Rat Fever: Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
After the devastating floods, Kerala has a new problem to deal with. A bacterial disease, rat fev...
5 Delicious Smoothie Recipes For Your Kids...
A glass of milk every day can boost energy and provide important nutrients to your little tyke. T...