Allopathy vs Homeopathy: Which Is More Effective For Your Child?
Do you prefer homeopathy for your child? Or would you choose to opt for allopathy as it is quick and effective? Find out what our experts have to say on the topic.
By Team ParentCircle
The field of medicine is littered with a large number of choices. In that case, how do you know which one’s right for your child? How do you choose between the two widest systems of medicine — allopathy and homeopathy? Well, here we list the reasons why doctors from either field think it’s the best option for kids.
Why should you choose allopathy for your child?
Dr Roopa Priyadharshini tells you why she would prescribe allopathy for your child.
- Non-violent mode of administration: Quite a few systems of medicine include a lot of harsh treatment, such as force feeding. Allopathy is not one of them. It’s quite safe, secure and gentle on the child.
- Easy on the child’s system: Your child’s internal system is still tender and immature. Allopathy is designed to go easy on the infantile system.
- Preventive medication: Allopathy is the only field that has specific preventive medication and the concept of vaccination. It’s always better to prevent than cure.
- In case of an emergency: One of the advantages of allopathy is that it works immediately. During emergencies, your safest bet is allopathic treatment. You cannot wait for the effect of homoeopathic pills to kick in when your child has an asthma attack.
Dr Roopa adds, “These are some of the reasons why you should pick allopathy for your child. But, if you are battling chronic diseases, I’d recommend alternative medicine like homoeopathy or Ayurveda. In the long run, allopathy can leave behind a lot more side effects than cures. In case of an emergency, however, go straight for allopathy.”
Why should you choose homoeopathy for your child?
Dr N Narayanan tells you why he would prescribe homoeopathy for your child.
- No toxins: Any kind of medication has a certain level of toxicity to it. Homoeopathy pills have none. So, these are entirely safe for your child.
- No overdose worries: Homeopathy medicines are hand-picked to suit the physiological needs of the individual. So, there is nothing to worry about in the case of accidental consumption of medicines that are not prescribed to the child. And, the concept of an overdose does not exist in homeopathy.
- Limited scope for preventive medication: True, homeopathy’s preventive medication is not as concrete as allopathy’s. But, homeopathy has its own set of preventive measures. For example, there isn’t a pre-existing preventive medication for Swine flu. But, by targetting the key areas that Swine flu affects in our body, physicians can come up with one. I did that during the Dengue fever outbreak last year with successful results.
- Prevents the need for an emergency: Homeopathy is not for an emergency. But, it prevents the need for one. So, in case of an emergency, let allopathy be the immediate form of treatment. Once the danger of the situation passes, go back to homeopathy. Now you can find ways to treat the problem and make sure such an emergency never occurs again.
So, next time your child is sick, which system of medicine would you prefer for your child? As a parent, you need to weigh the pros and cons of each system of medicine. Share your comments on the topic with us.
With inputs from Dr Roopa Priyadharshini and Dr N Narayanan from Chennai.
More For You
More for you
Homeopathy Medicines For Children
Homeopathy is a safe and effective form of treatment for common illnesses in children. Here are s...
Dr Prabha Acharya
Veena On 'Veena': A Musical Masterpiece
Veena Srivani's rendition of popular songs on the veena has won many hearts, including that of Sh...
Use your child's favourite wafers to make Wafer Aeroplanes that just fly into his wide-open mouth.